EMPI’s Students industrial trip to Yakult Danone India, Food Park, Rai, Sonepat, Haryana.
February 11, 2016.
As a student of the EMPI B-School, my industry visits are always exciting and enriching. My batch mates and I judiciously utilize such opportunities.
The day rolled out really quick. We all, representing EMPI B-School, in well-groomed attire and attitude, were welcomed at Yakult Danone India by the Plant Manager Abhishek and his co-member Soojit. The day was full of presentations and experiential learning through visit and interactions across the entire plant.
Things we learnt in Yakult:
- Latest know how about healthy living
- Preventions related to food-related ailments
- Lifestyle modifications as per changing nature of work and personal life
- How Yakult, being a functional food, helps our body to maintain proper metabolism
- Insights into the product range of Yakult
- Awareness on Probiotic and Lactobacillus Casei strain, Shirota and their benefits
- Production chain of Yakult
- Germination Chambers/Seed Rooms
- Controlled atmospheric facility
- Fermentation Chambers
- Quality Control Measures
- Liquefaction Systems
- Packaging of fresh bottles by injection molds
- Filling up bottles, sealing and packaging for retail use or institutional use
- Maintenance of whole plant by only 8 people
- Plant working on 99% automation with a 30% capacity utilization.
There are a lot more things as well, on which we can keep on talking. All in all it was a very warm experience, as their hospitality was amazing and we all had a great memory to cherish.
– Suramya Rubai Shome
Batch 2015 – 2017