Hackathon events are the breeding ground for innovative ideas. It channelizes the creative enthusiasm to solve a problem and take risks.
You would say …“I have it in me what it take to be a Hackathonian. But what is there for me?”
Well, that depends on your interest like in EV Hackathon which is hosted by EMPI B-School in collaboration with IncubateIND and Energy lab, Australia, going to be held on 14th-15th April 2018. It is an event where bright minds who want to “develop a solution for electric vehicle charging” should participate. Of course, there are benefits attached to it like
- Learn a new skill
- Develop your soft skills
- Add-on to your resume
- The first step to your startup
- Get inspired by innovative ideas
- Win a prize
- Have a lot of fun
Let us first understand what is EV or Electric vehicle and why so much fuss about smart charging of EV?
EV or Electric Vehicle is an electric driven vehicle which uses electric motors for propulsion. EVs came into existence in the mid-19th century. In the 21st century, EV re-emerged due to technological advancement. It uses the battery, solar panel or electric generator to convert fuel to electricity. As more number of people are switching to electric vehicles there is an increased demand for charging points as well as fast charging technologies. Smart charging will ensure faster, smooth and secure charging while cutting cost and emission. Though we understand electric vehicle is environment and pocket-friendly but how to solve another problem of the lesser number of charging stations.
Here are some highlights of the latest trend in the EV market
- EV market is expected to grow in double digits by 2020 in India.
- As per Assocham study – EV sale is dominated by 95% by two-wheelers.
- Emission norms are getting strict, battery prices are going down.
- There is an urgent need to create charging infrastructure in India.
- India is still struggling with the policy framework and mechanism for battery recycling.
- The huge scope of embedding intelligence in the EV market.
This brings us to the conclusion that there is a lot to be achieved in the EV market and EV hackathon is just a start. Let’s contribute our innovative and creative ideas. So don’t wait just participate in the EV Hackathon on 14th and 15th of April and make a difference.
Let’s have an electrifying Hackathon!
Digital Marketing Dept.
EMPI Business School.